A Parent Mentoring Support Program
The greatest asset a child can have is a strong family.
GCF Family Support Services® supports, educates
and provides connections for families
of children with special needs and those
born prematurely or needing special care.
Who can access our services?
- Any family member interested in services in any of the counties we serve in Eastern North Carolina.
- Any professional needing information–including social workers, medical professionals, teachers, and Child Service Coordinators
What we provide:
- One-to-one mentoring with trained support parents
- Support Groups
- Educational workshops
- Information about specific disabilities
- Information about national, state, and local resources
- NICU family support
- Social Media
When can we help?
- At birth or time of diagnosis
- During transition periods
- When you need to talk with someone who has been “through it”
- When dealing with educational or other concerns
- When you are concerned about other family members
- When illness strikes
- When dealing with day-to-day matters
- Planning for your child’s future
- When you are new to the community or thinking of moving to the area